We were delighted to catch up with Prof. Tommaso Rossi, who talked us through his presentation at EURETINA 2020 concerning a novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation.
- What is the rationale for the use of amniotic membrane grafts in vitreoretinal surgery, and in what ophthalmic indications are they used? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation? (00:40)
- What are the advantages of this instrument compared with conventional vitreoretinal surgical techniques? (01:55)
- What clinical data support the use of this instrument? (02:37)
- What will be the likely impact of this instrument on clinical practice and what future studies are planned? (03:27)
Speaker Disclosure: Prof. Tommaso Rossi has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
David Boyer, ARVO 2023: Phase IIb RESTORE trial: MCO-010 optogenetic therapy for vision restoration in patients with retinitis pigmentosa
The RESTORE trial (NCT04945772) is a phase 2b randomized, sham-controlled, multi-centre, multi-dose, double-masked clinical trial evaluating the efficacy and safety of MCO-010 optogenetic therapy in adults with retinitis pigmentosa. MCO-010 is an ambient-light activatable Multi-Characteristic Opsin (MCO) optogenetic therapy for vision restoration. It was a pleasure to speak with Prof. David Boyer (Retina Vitreous Associates Medical […]
David Boyer, ARVO 2023: Retinitis Pigmentosa and the unmet needs in its treatment
Retinitis pigmentosa is an inherited retinal dystrophy (IRD) caused by the loss of photoreceptors and characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination. Retinitis pigmentosa is the most common group of IRD. It was a pleasure to speak with Prof. David Boyer (Retina Vitreous Associates Medical Group, Los Angeles, CA, USA) around Retinitis Pigmentosa […]
Carl Regillo, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: New and emerging treatments for neovascular age-related macular degeneration
It was a pleasure to catch up with Dr Carl Regillo (Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA) about new and emerging neovascular age-related macular degeneration treatments, including the new anti-vascular endothelial growth factor which appear to lead to better outcomes with durability, which is one of the biggest unmet needs in treatment of age-related macular […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!