We were delighted to catch up with Prof. Tommaso Rossi, who talked us through his presentation at EURETINA 2020 concerning a novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation.
- What is the rationale for the use of amniotic membrane grafts in vitreoretinal surgery, and in what ophthalmic indications are they used? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation? (00:40)
- What are the advantages of this instrument compared with conventional vitreoretinal surgical techniques? (01:55)
- What clinical data support the use of this instrument? (02:37)
- What will be the likely impact of this instrument on clinical practice and what future studies are planned? (03:27)
Speaker Disclosure: Prof. Tommaso Rossi has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
Carl Regillo, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: new and emerging treatments for neovascular age-related macular degeneration
It was a pleasure to catch up with Dr Carl Regillo (Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA) about new and emerging neovascular age-related macular degeneration treatments, including the new anti-vascular endothelial growth factor which appear to lead to better outcomes with durability, which is one of the biggest unmet needs in treatment of age-related macular […]
Carl Regillo, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors – real-world versus clinical trial outcomes
It was a pleasure to catch up with Dr Carl Regillo (Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA) about the problems with the clinical utility of vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors and the issues around durability and ensuring good outcomes in real-world settings, as opposed to just in clinical trials. Questions: How do age-related macular degeneration […]
Roxane Hillier, EURETINA 2022: Mechanisms of action in rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair (Part 1)
It was a pleasure to talk to Roxane Hillier (Newcastle Eye Centre, Newcastle, UK) on her EURETINA course on rhegmatogenous retinal detachment repair. In this interview, she discussed the treatment options for rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. The instructional course entitled “Mechanisms of Action in Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment Repair” was conducted at EURETINA 2022, 1–4 September 2022 […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!