We were delighted to catch up with Prof. Tommaso Rossi, who talked us through his presentation at EURETINA 2020 concerning a novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation.
- What is the rationale for the use of amniotic membrane grafts in vitreoretinal surgery, and in what ophthalmic indications are they used? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the novel instrument for internal limiting membrane, amniotic and retinal flap manipulation? (00:40)
- What are the advantages of this instrument compared with conventional vitreoretinal surgical techniques? (01:55)
- What clinical data support the use of this instrument? (02:37)
- What will be the likely impact of this instrument on clinical practice and what future studies are planned? (03:27)
Speaker Disclosure: Prof. Tommaso Rossi has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
Roxane Hillier, EURETINA 2021: Retinal Recovery after Pneumatic Retinopexy
We were delighted to catch up with Roxane Hillier (Newcastle Eye Centre, Newcastle, UK), who gave us her insights on the impact of pneumatic retinopexy (PnR) on vision-related quality of life, and retinal recovery following PnR. Questions What is the impact of pneumatic retinopexy (PnR) on vision-related quality of life? (00:13) What is known about […]
Roxane Hillier, EURETINA 2021: Pneumatic Retinopexy for the Management of Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment
It was wonderful to speak with Roxane Hillier (Newcastle Eye Centre, Newcastle, UK) about the advantages of pneumatic retinopexy compared with pars plana vitrectomy for the management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Questions Why has the optimal surgical technique for the treatment of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) been controversial? (00:12) What are the advantages of pneumatic […]
Paisan Ruamviboonsuk, EURETINA 2021: Artificial Intelligence Platforms for Diagnosis and Screening for Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy
We enjoyed catching up with Paisan Ruamviboonsuk (Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand) about the clinical evidence supporting the use of artificial intelligence platforms in diagnosis and screening for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy, and the unanswered questions that remain. Questions What clinical evidence supports the use of artificial intelligence platforms in the diagnosis and screening for polypoidal choroidal […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!