We spoke with Cornelis Verdoorn (Lasik Centrum Eye Clinic, Boxtel, the Netherlands) about his presentation at ESCRS 2020, on corneal inlays for the treatment of presbyopia.
- Could you give us an overview of the use of corneal inlays to treat presbyopia? (00:39)
- Why has there not yet been widespread market adoption of corneal inlays? (02:09)
- Which patients are the best candidates for corneal inlay devices and in whom are they contraindicated? (03:32)
- What have been the most important advances in corneal inlay devices in the last year? (04:42)
- What do you predict for the future in terms of corneal inlay use and presbyopia correction in general? (05:49)
Speaker Disclosure: Dr Cornelis Verdoorn is a former consultant for Revision Optics.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of ESCRS 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Refractive Surgery
Elizabeth Yeu-Lin, Hawaiian Eye 2021: Managing Toric Intraocular Lens Surprises
We were delighted to speak with Editor-in-Chief, Elizabeth Yeu-Lin (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) about her talk on managing toric intraocular lens surprises. Question What options are available for the management toric intraocular lens surprises, and what factors should be considered when selecting the appropriate course of action? (00:18) Speaker Disclosure: Elizabeth Yeu-Lin […]
Elizabeth Yeu-Lin, Hawaiian Eye 2021: Optimizing Refractive Outcomes with Toric Intraocular Lenses
As always, it was a pleasure to catch up with our esteemed Editor-in-Chief, Elizabeth Yeu-Lin (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) to discuss her views on optimizing refractive outcomes with toric intraocular lenses (IOLs) and the patients who are most at risk for postoperative toric IOL surprises. Question What factors are key to optimizing […]
Deepinder K Dhaliwal, AAO 2020 – Myopia Options in a 50-year-old Myope
We were delighted to speak with Deepinder K Dhaliwal (University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA) about her refractive surgery panel at AAO 2020, discussing a case of a 50-year-old -8.00D myope, and the issues and recommendations for treatment. Questions Could you give us a brief overview of the case; who were the […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!