We spoke with Cornelis Verdoorn (Lasik Centrum Eye Clinic, Boxtel, the Netherlands) about his presentation at ESCRS 2020, on corneal inlays for the treatment of presbyopia.
- Could you give us an overview of the use of corneal inlays to treat presbyopia? (00:39)
- Why has there not yet been widespread market adoption of corneal inlays? (02:09)
- Which patients are the best candidates for corneal inlay devices and in whom are they contraindicated? (03:32)
- What have been the most important advances in corneal inlay devices in the last year? (04:42)
- What do you predict for the future in terms of corneal inlay use and presbyopia correction in general? (05:49)
Speaker Disclosure: Dr Cornelis Verdoorn is a former consultant for Revision Optics.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of ESCRS 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Refractive Surgery
Dan Z Reinstein, ESCRS 2020 – Lenticule Extraction or Implantation for Hyperopia
Prof. Dan Z Reinstein (London Vision Clinic, London, UK) talked us through his presentation at ESCRS on lenticule extraction or implantation for hyperopia: what will be the future? Questions Could you briefly introduce yourself and the topic you are presenting? (00:07) Could you tell us a little about the history of lenticule extraction and implantation? […]
Noel Alpins, ESCRS 2020 – Treatment of Astigmatism Using Vector Planning Paradigm
It was a pleasure to catch up with Prof. Noel Alpins (Department of Ophthalmology, Melbourne University, Melbourne, Australia), as he discussed the major challenges of refractive surgery in the treatment of astigmatism, and the evidence for the use of Vector Planning in clinical practice. Questions What are the major challenges of refractive surgery in the […]
Iben Bach Damgaard, ESCRS 2020 – Intrastromal Lenticule Rotation for Mixed Astigmatism
Prof. Iben Bach Damgaard (Aarhus University Hospital, Aarhus, Denmark) kindly spoke to us about her ESCRS presentation on intrastromal lenticule rotation for mixed astigmatism. Questions What are the limitations of current approaches in the treatment of mixed astigmatism? (00:08) Could you give us a brief overview of intrastromal lenticule rotation? (00:44) What are the challenges […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!