Gerald Zaidman discusses the challenges of paediatric keratoplasty and optimising outcomes with surgical techniques.
1. What are the most common indications for paediatric keratoplasty? (0:04)
2. What are the most challenging aspects of treating corneal diseases in children? (0:40)
3. In what paediatric patients would you consider deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty surgery as opposed to conventional penetrating keratoplasty? (1:34)
4. What surgical techniques can optimise outcomes in paediatric keratoplasty? (2:08)
5. What are the optimal methods of postoperative management of paediatric patients? (2:49)
Filmed in partnership with the European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) at the SOE 2019 meeting in Nice, France.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Paediatric Ophthalmology
David Hunter, AAPOS 2021: Luminopia One Amblyopia Vision Improvement Study
It was a pleasure to speak with Dr David Hunter (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) about the Luminopia One Amblyopia Vision Improvement Study, which were presented at AAPOS 2021. Questions What are the aims and design of the Luminopia One Amblyopia Vision Improvement Study? What are the primary and secondary outcome measures of the […]
David Hunter, AAPOS 2021: Dichoptic Digital Therapeutic for Amblyopia
It was a pleasure to catch up with Dr David Hunter (Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA) about the dichoptic digital therapeutic for amblyopia. Questions What are the greatest challenges of amblyopia therapy, in children? (00:17) Could you give us a brief overview of the dichoptic digital approaches that are being investigated in amblyopia? (01:17) […]
Nicole Eter, EURETINA 2019 – Latest studies in ROP
Nicole Eter (University of Muenster, Germany) talks about the growing prevalence of retinopathy of prematurity and the latest findings of the RAINBOW study, along with an update on OCT-A and how it has changed clinical practice over recent years. Questions: 1. What are the limitations of the current standard of care for retinopathy of prematurity? […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!