Gerald Zaidman, SOE 2019 – Updates in paediatric keratoplasty
Gerald Zaidman discusses the challenges of paediatric keratoplasty and optimising outcomes with surgical techniques.
1. What are the most common indications for paediatric keratoplasty? (0:04)
2. What are the most challenging aspects of treating corneal diseases in children? (0:40)
3. In what paediatric patients would you consider deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty surgery as opposed to conventional penetrating keratoplasty? (1:34)
4. What surgical techniques can optimise outcomes in paediatric keratoplasty? (2:08)
5. What are the optimal methods of postoperative management of paediatric patients? (2:49)
Filmed in partnership with the European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) at the SOE 2019 meeting in Nice, France.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Paediatric Ophthalmology
Birgit Lorenz, EURETINA 2021: Detection of Macular Problems in Retinopathy of Prematurity
We were delighted to catch up with Birgit Lorenz (Justus-Lieibig-University Giessen, Hesse, Germany), who discussed detection of macular problems in retinopathy of prematurity, unanswered questions and future studies. Questions What have we learned about the detection of macular problems in retinopathy of prematurity? (00:32) What questions remain unanswered and what future studies are planned? (02:08) […]
Birgit Lorenz, EURETINA 2021: Retinopathy of Prematurity – Clinical Features and treatment
It was a pleasure to speak with Birgit Lorenz (Justus-Lieibig-University Giessen, Hesse, Germany) about retinopathy of prematurity, its clinical features and treatment, and what imaging studies have taught us about the development of macular development arrest. Questions Could you tell us a little about retinopathy of prematurity, its clinical features and treatment? (00:31) What have […]
Donny W Suh, AAPOS 2021: Exploring the Vitreoretinal Interface Using Computer Simulation to Explain Retinal Haemorrhage Patterns in Abusive Head Trauma
Donny W Suh (Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA) gave us an overview of his computer simulation study using animal models to investigate retinal haemorrhage patterns and the implications for clinical practice. Questions Could you give us a brief overview of your computer simulation study using animal models to […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!