Access all of the content
We caught up with our Editor-in-Chief, Elizabeth Yeu, to explore the impact COVID-19 is having on ophthalmologists and their clinical practice. We also discussed the current overall situation in the US and the effect it may have on the economy of the health service.
1. Please could you summarise the current situation in the USA and how the government is trying to manage the COVID-19 pandemic? (00:06)
2. How is the COVID-19 outbreak impacting ophthalmologists and their clinical practices? (02:23)
3. What extra precautions should ophthalmologists take to protect themselves and their patients? (05:50)
4. How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted the economy of health services? (07:11)
5. What have we learnt from this experience, and will this have a long-term effect on ophthalmology practice in the future? (08:26)
Speaker disclosure: Dr Elizabeth Yeu has nothing to disclose in relation to this video interview.
touchOPHTHALMOLOGY.com is an independent information resource supporting physicians, clinicians and leading industry professionals in continuously developing their knowledge, effectiveness and productivity, via free-to-access content in multimedia formats.
Commissioned, edited and supported by Touch Medical Media
Filmed on Thursday 2 April 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In COVID-19
Deepinder Dahliwal, AAO 2022: Highlights
It was a pleasure to speak with our valued Editorial Board member, Dr Deepinder Dhaliwal (University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, USA) about her hot topics for AAO 2022, important advances in ophthalmology and her personal highlights of this year’s meeting. The annual American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) meeting took place from 30 September […]
Luis Abegão Pinto, EGS 2020 – Programme Highlights and Reflections on 2020 (Part 1)
We were delighted to speak with our esteemed Editorial Board member, Luis Abegão Pinto (Lisbon University, Lisbon, Portugal) about the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on management of patients with glaucoma, the challenges of organising a virtual conference and the highlights of the EGS 2020 programme. Questions How has the COVID-19 pandemic impacted on the […]
Jesse Pelletier – The Role of Povidone-iodine in COVID-19
Jesse Pelletier (Ocean Ophthalmology Group, North Miami Beach, FL, USA) discusses the role of the antiseptic povidone-iodine (PVP-I), which is now routinely employed and will play a greater role in the future of healthcare, particularly in the COVID-19 era. Questions: 1. Tell us about infection control in your office during this pandemic and where povidone-iodine […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!