Jorge Alió, ESCRS 2020 – Advanced Therapy for Corneal Disease
It was a pleasure to catch up with our Editorial Board member, Prof. Jorge Alió (Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain), who talked us through his presentation at ESCRS on advanced therapy for corneal disease.
- What are the major unmet needs in the treatment of corneal disease? (00:22)
- Could you give us an overview of the technique of corneal stromal regeneration using autologous stem cells? (01:20)
- What is the current status of research in this method and what future studies are planned? (03:30)
- Could you tell us a little about graftless corneal endothelial replacement? (05:52)
- In which place would you allocate advanced corneal therapies with bioengineering and tissue substitution in the treatment of corneal disease? (07:55)
Speaker Disclosure: Prof. Jorge Alió has no financial or non-financial relationships or activities to declare in relation to this interview.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of ESCRS 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Corneal and External Disorders
John D Sheppard, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Phaco and keratopathy – sequential or combined keratoplasty?
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet with Dr John D Sheppard (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) about his presentation on what to consider when choosing between sequential or combined keratoplasty. Questions: What are the advantages and disadvantages of combined phacoemulsification and keratoplasty versus sequential surgery? (0:10) What patient factors […]
John D Sheppard, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Highlights
We were delighted to speak with Dr John D Sheppard (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) about his highlights from Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023, and his views on the role of penetrating keratoplasty in the era of selective lamellar keratoplasty. Questions: What have you gained most from attending the Hawaiian Eye meeting? (0:09) […]
Kenneth A Beckman, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Highlights and developments in intraocular lenses
We were delighted to speak with Dr Kenneth A Beckman (Comprehensive Eyecare of Central Ohio, Westerville, OH, USA) on his highlights from Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023, and his views on the future of intraocular lens technology. Questions: What have been your highlights of Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023? (0:20) What have been the most […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!