Dr Daire Hurley (Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland) discusses the findings from his systematic review and meta-analysis comparing ultrathin descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty and descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty and explains the impact on clinical decision making for individual patients.
- Could you give us a brief overview of Ultrathin Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (UT-DSAEK) and Descemet Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK)? 00:13-00:56
- What is known about the comparative visual outcomes and endothelial cell loss of the two techniques? 00:56-01:24
- What were the aims and methodology of this systematic review and meta-analysis? 01:24-01:50
- What were the findings of the study? 01:50-02:54
- How will these findings impact on clinical decision making for individual patients? 02:54-03:40
Disclosures: Dr Daire Hurley has no actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this video.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media. Interview conducted by Sophie Nickelson.
Filmed in coverage of the ESCRS Winter 2022 meeting
Share this Video
Related Videos In Corneal and External Disorders
John D Sheppard, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Phaco and keratopathy – sequential or combined keratoplasty?
It was a pleasure to have the opportunity to meet with Dr John D Sheppard (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) about his presentation on what to consider when choosing between sequential or combined keratoplasty. Questions: What are the advantages and disadvantages of combined phacoemulsification and keratoplasty versus sequential surgery? (0:10) What patient factors […]
John D Sheppard, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Highlights
We were delighted to speak with Dr John D Sheppard (Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA) about his highlights from Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023, and his views on the role of penetrating keratoplasty in the era of selective lamellar keratoplasty. Questions: What have you gained most from attending the Hawaiian Eye meeting? (0:09) […]
Kenneth A Beckman, Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023: Highlights and developments in intraocular lenses
We were delighted to speak with Dr Kenneth A Beckman (Comprehensive Eyecare of Central Ohio, Westerville, OH, USA) on his highlights from Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023, and his views on the future of intraocular lens technology. Questions: What have been your highlights of Hawaiian Eye and Retina 2023? (0:20) What have been the most […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!