It was a pleasure to speak to Dr Renato Ambrósio Jr (Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) about his ESCRS presentation on detection of corneal ectasia based on artificial intelligence.
- Could you give us a brief overview of corneal ectasia and its causes? (00:07)
- What are the limitations of current methods of detecting corneal ectasia? (01:26)
- How is artificial intelligence (AI) being used to overcome these limitations? (04:31)
- What are the most promising emerging AI techniques for detecting corneal ectasia? (05:56)
- Could you tell us a little about the relational thickness/tissue altered (RTA) method you have developed for determining ectasia risk? (06:54)
Speaker Disclosures: Dr Renato Ambrósio Jr is a consultant for Oculus, Alcon, Zeiss, Essilor, Genom, Mediphacos.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of the ESCRS 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Corneal Disorders
Sunil Shah, EURETINA 2020 – Khmer Sight Foundation and Photon Ultraviolet C Device (Part 2)
It was a pleasure to catch up with our Editorial Board member, Prof. Sunil Shah (Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, Birmingham, UK), who explained the impact of the Photon Ultraviolet C (UVC) device that he has developed. Questions Could you give us an overview of the health burden of corneal infections in developing countries? (00:08) […]
Sunil Shah, EURETINA 2020 – Khmer Sight Foundation and Photon Ultraviolet C Device (Part 1)
It was a pleasure to catch up with our Editorial Board member, Prof. Sunil Shah (Birmingham and Midland Eye Centre, Birmingham, UK), who updated us on the aims of the Khmer Sight Foundation. Questions Could you tell us a little about The Khmer Sight Foundation and its objectives? (00:09) How did you become involved with […]
Jorge Alió, ESCRS 2020 – Advanced Therapy for Corneal Disease
It was a pleasure to catch up with our Editorial Board member, Prof. Jorge Alió (Miguel Hernandez University, Alicante, Spain), who talked us through his presentation at ESCRS on advanced therapy for corneal disease. Questions What are the major unmet needs in the treatment of corneal disease? (00:22) Could you give us an overview […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!