Prof. Peter Stalmans (University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium) talked us through his presentation at EURETINA on first reported clinical results from end-stage retinitis pigmentosa patients implanted with an innovative 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis.
- Could you give us an overview of advances in retinal prosthesis approaches in the treatment of advanced retinitis pigmentosa (RP)? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis you have been investigating? (01:48)
- What have been the early clinical findings with this device? (03:30)
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from this approach and what further studies are planned? (04:13)
- What challenges remain to be resolved in successful restoration of vision in end-stage RP patients? (05:01)
Speaker Disclosure: Results presented are from a clinical trial sponsored by Nano-Retina.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
Sunir Garg, Hawaiian Eye 2022: Mask Use and Endophthalmitis
Universal mask use was shown to be effective at reducing incidence of endophthalmitis, according to results of a study presented at Hawaiian Eye 2022. We caught up with Dr Sunir Garg (Retina Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA), who gave us an overview of his retrospective review on mask use and […]
Sunir Garg, Hawaiian Eye 2022: Intravitreal Injections and Endophthalmitis
Universal mask use was shown to be effective at reducing incidence of endophthalmitis, according to results of a study presented at Hawaiian Eye 2022. We had the honour of interviewing Dr Sunir Garg (Retina Service, Wills Eye Hospital, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA) about his talk on the causes of endophthalmitis and its relationship […]
J Fernando Arevalo, AAO 2021: Highlights and Future Perspectives
We were honored to have the opportunity to ask J Fernando Arevalo (Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA) about his highlights from the American Academy of Ophthalmology Virtual Meeting 2021. Speaker Disclosure: J Fernando Arevalo has received consultant and advisor fees from Abbvie, Genentech and Thea Laboratories, patents/royalty from […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!