Prof. Peter Stalmans (University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium) talked us through his presentation at EURETINA on first reported clinical results from end-stage retinitis pigmentosa patients implanted with an innovative 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis.
- Could you give us an overview of advances in retinal prosthesis approaches in the treatment of advanced retinitis pigmentosa (RP)? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis you have been investigating? (01:48)
- What have been the early clinical findings with this device? (03:30)
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from this approach and what further studies are planned? (04:13)
- What challenges remain to be resolved in successful restoration of vision in end-stage RP patients? (05:01)
Speaker Disclosure: Results presented are from a clinical trial sponsored by Nano-Retina.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
Bart Leroy, EURETINA 2022: RNA Interference Therapy for CEP290-IRD
Prof. Bart Leroy (Ghent University, Ghent, Belgium) joined touchOPHTHALMOLOGY in an interview to speak about RNA interference therapy and its advantages in treating inherited retinal diseases caused by CEP290 mutations. ‘RNA Interference Therapy for CEP290-IRD’ was presented at EURETINA 2022, 1–4 September 2022 Could you tell us a little about inherited retinal diseases (IRD) caused […]
Usha Chakravarthy, EURETINA 2022: Persistent fluid in neovascular age-related macular degeneration
The Archway study (NCT03677934) was a phase 3, randomized, active treatment–controlled trial for the treatment of nAMD, conducted at 77 study locations in the United States. We caught up with Prof. Usha Chakravarthy (Queen’s University of Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland) to discuss the causes of persistent fluid in neovascular age-related macular degeneration and the impact […]
Kyoko Ohno-Matsui, EURETINA 2022: Anomalies of choroidal venous structures in high myopia
In this interview on her EURETINA presentation, Prof. Kyoko Ohno-Matsui (Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan) discussed choroidal venous structures and how they change in myopic eyes. ‘Anomalies of choroidal venous structures in high myopia’ was presented at EURETINA 2022, 1–4 September 2022 What is known about the choroidal structures in myopic […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!