Prof. Peter Stalmans (University Hospitals, Leuven, Belgium) talked us through his presentation at EURETINA on first reported clinical results from end-stage retinitis pigmentosa patients implanted with an innovative 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis.
- Could you give us an overview of advances in retinal prosthesis approaches in the treatment of advanced retinitis pigmentosa (RP)? (00:06)
- Could you tell us a little about the 3D neural interface retinal prosthesis you have been investigating? (01:48)
- What have been the early clinical findings with this device? (03:30)
- Which patients are most likely to benefit from this approach and what further studies are planned? (04:13)
- What challenges remain to be resolved in successful restoration of vision in end-stage RP patients? (05:01)
Speaker Disclosure: Results presented are from a clinical trial sponsored by Nano-Retina.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of EURETINA 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Retina/Vitreous
Roxane Hillier, EURETINA 2021: Retinal Recovery after Pneumatic Retinopexy
We were delighted to catch up with Roxane Hillier (Newcastle Eye Centre, Newcastle, UK), who gave us her insights on the impact of pneumatic retinopexy (PnR) on vision-related quality of life, and retinal recovery following PnR. Questions What is the impact of pneumatic retinopexy (PnR) on vision-related quality of life? (00:13) What is known about […]
Roxane Hillier, EURETINA 2021: Pneumatic Retinopexy for the Management of Rhegmatogenous Retinal Detachment
It was wonderful to speak with Roxane Hillier (Newcastle Eye Centre, Newcastle, UK) about the advantages of pneumatic retinopexy compared with pars plana vitrectomy for the management of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment. Questions Why has the optimal surgical technique for the treatment of rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RRD) been controversial? (00:12) What are the advantages of pneumatic […]
Paisan Ruamviboonsuk, EURETINA 2021: Artificial Intelligence Platforms for Diagnosis and Screening for Polypoidal Choroidal Vasculopathy
We enjoyed catching up with Paisan Ruamviboonsuk (Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand) about the clinical evidence supporting the use of artificial intelligence platforms in diagnosis and screening for polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy, and the unanswered questions that remain. Questions What clinical evidence supports the use of artificial intelligence platforms in the diagnosis and screening for polypoidal choroidal […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!