It was a pleasure to speak with our valued Editorial Board member, Bennie H Jeng (University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA), who talked us through his AAO 2020 presentation on managing allergic and immunologic diseases of the conjunctiva and cornea, the impact of immunology on our understanding and treatment of allergic and immunologic eye diseases and recent therapeutic developments in this field.
- What are the major challenges in managing allergic and immunologic diseases of the conjunctiva and cornea? (00:13)
- What has been the impact of immunology on our understanding and treatment of allergic and immunologic eye diseases? (01:11)
- What have been the most important recent therapeutic developments in this field? (01:33)
- What factors should ophthalmologists consider when prescribing therapies for allergic and immunologic diseases of the conjunctiva and cornea? (02:24)
- What are the take-home messages of your presentation? (04:00)
Speaker Disclosure: Dr Bennie H Jeng has been a consultant for Santen.
Support: Interview and filming supported by Touch Medical Media Ltd.
Filmed in coverage of AAO 2020.
Share this Video
Related Videos In Ocular Immunology
Lisa Sarfaty: Help support Rare Disease Day
Our society partner, NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorder) has planned several initiatives to support this year’s Rare Disease Day on 28 February. These activities are aimed at raising awareness about rare diseases and the challenges faced by people living with these conditions. In this video, Lisa Sarfaty, NORD’s VP of Communication and Engagement, […]
Lisa Sarfaty: Exploring and addressing inequities in rare diseases
Rare diseases can present numerous challenges for those living with these conditions and the healthcare professionals caring for them. In this interview we discuss some of these with Lisa Sarfaty, VP of Communication and Engagement for NORD (The National Organization for Rare Disorders) and explore ways in which they could be tackled. Questions Could you […]
Carlos Pavesio, EURETINA 2021: Fluocinolone Acetonide Insert – A Study
We were delighted to catch up with Carlos Pavesio (Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK), who shared details of his study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the fluocinolone acetonide insert for the treatment of noninfectious uveitis. Questions: What were the aims and design of your recent study? (00:31) What were the efficacy and safety […]
Journal articles and more to your inbox
Get the latest clinical insights from touchOPHTHALMOLOGYSign me up!