We took the opportunity to speak with Omar Trabelsi (Clinique Ophthalmologue De Tunis, Tunis, Tunisia) at WOC 2018 about the latest updates and future perspectives of iOC. OCT has only recently found its way into the operating theatres, as a method of providing real-time feedback through image assisted surgery. Dr Trabelsi discusses the advantages and limitations of the technique and equipment so far, and the developments we expect to see in the future.
1. How is OCT currently used in the operating theatre? (0:21)
2. What are the main advantages of iOCT? (0:59)
3. What are the main limitations of iOCT (2:01)
4. What updates and developments would you like to see happen with iOCT? (2:54)
5. How do you see the future of iOCT? (3:45)
Filmed at WOC 2018, June 2018, Barcelona.