We met with Dr Claudio Orlich (Cataract and Refractive Surgeon, Clinica 20/20 San José, Cosat Rica) at the 2018 WOC meeting to discuss the newly FDA-approved miLOOP™ (ianTECH, Reno, NV, UA) device. In this interview, Dr Orlich explains how the miLOOP device works to break down cataracts, and compares it to femtosecond laser. He also discusses the advantages and limitations of this device and offers his advice to cataract surgeons.
1. Could you tell us how the miLOOP™ technology works? (0:29)
2. What are the main advantages of the miLOOP device? (2:02)
3. What are the main limitations of the miLOOP device? (2:56)
4. Which patients are most likely to benefit from this technique? (3:29)
5. What advice would you offer to cataract surgeons to improve their proficiency with the technique? (4:11)
Filmed at the 2018 World Ophthalmology Congress (WOC) of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICOPH), June 2018, Barcelona, Spain.